Friday, August 29, 2008

GRRRR

I have been doing so well about keeping our house clean and picked up. I was very proud of myself because I had everything but the bathrooms clean by Wednesday night in anticipation of our TWO cookouts we're having this weekend. My plan was to just keep it picked up and re-clean the kitchen and vacuum the floors for Sunday. Good plan, right??
"Ladies and Gentlemen....plans have changed"
Yesterday Ray and I decided to paint a couple of walls in our living room b/c one was this deep burgandy "accent" wall and the opposite wall was pretty scuffed up. I'm fine with that and we actually worked well together with no harsh words said all day! (sidenote: if you've known us for any length of time, you know how miraculous that was) In the process of moving furniture, taping, priming, painting, keeping kids away, etc...the house becomes an explosion of toys, tools, paper, trash, laundry. I didn't know that taking one day break would create such chaos!!! So...instead of just cleaning the bathrooms, I'm cleaning the bathrooms, picking up the living room, cleaning the kitchen (for the second time), picking up our bedroom, putting toys away in the playroom, doing laundry, and going crazy.

Anyone have any chocolate?

No comments: