Tuesday, February 26, 2008

One of THOSE days

I hate days like this. Neither my husband nor I got a good night's sleep thanks to our son and today is cold, windy, rainy and dark. This is a BAD combination for me. The only thing that could make it worse is if I were starving hungry. Thankfully, I remembered to eat lunch before I got that bad.
I woke up with plans...those plans had to change. I don't know why I don't handle that well. After two kids and being a teacher for 3 1/2 years, I can do change and even change my plans quickly...maybe that's it...I can handle that kind of change because I control it. This morning, it was out of my control...therefore, problem.
I've also been worrying about something that's in my control, sort of. It's something that came up in a discussion this morning with my husband...**enter verse of the day**:


Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank him for his answers. Philippians 4:6 (TLB)


It's so hard to just let God take over when you're a control freak. I don't have to be in control of everything, I just feel more comfortable when I am in control of me and my surroundings. It is a constant struggle to "let go and let God." I'm sure I'll be working on that one for a long time.

No comments: