Thursday, February 14, 2008

this is just the beginning...

Sacred Gathering was just the beginning for a huge plan that God has revealed to many people at our church. I know of at least two couples who are going to be moving toward becoming full-time vocational missionaries as a result of this time of fasting and prayer. There was no great moment for me. God also speaks in a "still small voice" and I believe that is where I am supposed to meet Him right now. Stop being so loud and stop and listen.
I do need to resume a daily time of reading and prayer, it just may be before bed instead of in the morning like I want it to be. The truth is, if I were to do it in the morning, I would have to get up way too early (like 4:15) to get that in then go to the YMCA to work out. Getting up that early for me would counteract all the good I would be doing my working out.
One of the greatest things for me coming out of this event was that my husband and I are excited to talk to each other. We have never been much for talking (him more than me), but this is something that we went through together. We held each other up during the fast and God revealed some of the same things to both of us. It's not something that I will talk about yet, but just know that God has called us to do some things that we are just waiting on His timing and provision for.
All in all, I'm glad I did it. I'm glad I participated and didn't make any excuses. I'm glad that even when my blood sugar was dropping, I didn't waiver from what God called me to do; I just prayed that much harder and He got me through it. I'm a better and stronger person for it.

No comments: