Monday, January 5, 2009

Remembering Christmas

Just a few things I will always remember from this Christmas.

-We had very little money, but a "whole lotta love"
-The theme this year was "making memories." No, we didn't really have a theme, but that is what seemed to keep creeping back into our minds.
- First Christmas without Grandma...very hard. Not that we got to see them every Christmas, but just knowing that we can't was rough. One of my gifts was Grandma's diamond dinner ring and my brother got Grandpa's wedding ring. I will never forget the look on his face.
- my son is very selfish...I guess that's typical for a 4-year-old. We only had a few presents under the tree this year (like 4 or 5 each) for the kids and when everything was opened he said, "is this it? is this all I got? this isn't what I wanted. Where's my camera?" I don't know what else he said at the point because that's when I started crying. The weird thing for me, though, is that he has wonderful moments when he wants to help someone who doesn't have anything. So confusing.
- my husband was given my grandpa's scroll saw. The look on his face was priceless, too.

Hope your holiday was sweet and memorable.

No comments: