Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy 2009!!

Oh, that seems weird. 2009...already? didn't we just have 2007? what happened to 2008??

It's amazing how fast time passes the older you get. I always say that I'm going to just "live in this moment" so that I don't forget what it felt like, looked like, smelled like...then I forget. I get too busy planning ahead and looking to the next thing that I never really and truly soak it all in. My wedding day was no exception...but that's another story.
I'm not making any resolutions this year. What's the point? I never keep them beyond 6 weeks...2 months, max. It's just too hard. Let's take a moment and look back at last year's list of "goals." Go ahead...I'll wait...really...okay, are you back? Here they are (with my added commentary) if you didn't go look at the post.

eat better (but isn't that on everyone's list?)**yeah, didn't happen, but I did lose some weight!
exercise more consistently (again, on everyone's list)**yeah, didn't happen
make a budget and stick to it (takes cooperation from the husband, so we'll see about that one)**yeah, didn't happen...are we seeing a pattern, yet??
increase my show schedule and be more effecient and effective at my business**quit my home-based business so...yeah, didn't happen
take time to stop and enjoy my children (I'm guilty of thinking that they are in my way instead of getting down and playing with them)**I think I actually did better at this one!!
start looking on the positive side of things first**always a struggle, but I had my moments that I actually did
let my husband know how much I appreciate him working so hard so that I can work from home and take care of our children**this falls under the category of slacker wife...didn't do it
make time for "date nights" once a month, every month**yeah, didn't happen.

So...as we can see...not good at keeping resolutions. This year, I've just come up with a few things that I'd like to do. They have nothing to do with changing who I am or what I look like. They have everything to do with spending more time with people. Enjoying the company of others...and sometimes my husband :)

in 2009 I'd like to:
take a wine tasting class
have friends over (sans kids) for a dinner party-type get together
have a weekend without kids to spend with my husband (preferable away from home)
host or attend a girls night with no guilt
highlight my hair and get it cut in a totally new style (okay, changing my look, but it's just hair, it grows back)
go on more than one date with my husband
start teaching again (had to put that on there...I miss SMS)

Just a simple list. What's yours?

No comments: