Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bragging on the Hubby!

It's not often that I brag on my hubby. I don't know why that is. I guess I'm just bad at seeing the positive all the time. Anyway...this is the time of year when I can see how much my husband and I can accomplish when we communicate and use the gifts that God gave us.
I am an organizer. Anyone who has known me for any length of time knows that I have to have everything in order and go according to plan or I lose it (not the best when you have kids). My husband is NOT an organizer. He makes plans and figures out the details while he's in the midst of completing those plans. This drives me nuts! Every year at Christmas, though, we come together and work amazingly well together on our Helping Hands ministry Christmas Tree program. I guess it's because we've been doing this ministry long enough that I know what the big plan is and he knows that I will take care of the details.
Something else always happens this time of year. My husband begins to remember why God has placed him in our church and why he does what he does. There is always one person who God puts in his life (through our ministry) to remind him the reason for all of our hair-pulling, late nights, hours away from our children, and stressful Sundays. It's because we have been placed in a specific position at a specific time to be Jesus to someone who may not have seen His face in any other way.
My prayer this year is that we (me included) will remember the reason we celebrate Christmas and pass that on to our children. It's not about stuff, it's not about decorations or music or even the wonderful time spent with our families. It's about Christ sending his son to earth to live as a child knowing full well that 32 years later he would die the most horrible death that anyone could know just to raise again and give us eternal life. How much will you sacrifice this season?

No comments: