Monday, March 31, 2008

Can I just vent?

I'm so frustrated. Two dogs without collars have been running the neighborhood all day. I took the kids out to play because I hadn't seen them in a little while and don't you know it...they came back. In fact, they came back at full speed...at Aaliyah...barking. I yelled at them and they backed off but they were still barking and growling at me (they didn't make it into our yard). We decided to go back in and call Animal Control. Don't you know they were closed. Yup, they are only open from 9-11 on Mondays. So...I called the non-emergency number for the police. They told me that I would have to call Animal Control tomorrow during their business hours. The police can't do anything about it unless the dog actually physically attacks my child.
WHAT!!! I have to let my child be bitten, scratched, or cornered by a stray dog to have someone come and take care of it????? That is rediculous. They don't even have someone to take calls during the day about such animals unless it is an emergency (ie. biting, cornering, etc.)! So...the owners will once again get away with letting their dogs run loose (this is not the first time for these dogs) because I'm sure they will be put up tonight and not be out tomorrow.

Nothing irritates me more than irresponsible pet owners...oh, wait...yeah...stupid policies and procedures. That pisses me off pretty bad, too.

No comments: