Thursday, March 20, 2008

Wow

Yesterday morning at about 6:15 Kyler and I were watching the news while Aaliyah had her milk and a commercial for St. Thomas Hospital came on. Kyler said, "mommy, that's a cross," and I said yes it is. Then he said "mommy, do you know who died on the cross?" I asked him "who?" just to see what he would say. He then said, "Jesus died on the cross because he loved us so much. They put a crown on his head and nails in his hands and in his feet. It hurt real bad. The men didn't like him and that's why they killed him, but then he came alive again!" I couldn't believe it. It's one of those moments that you wish you had a hidden camera to capture the whole conversation and the expressions on his face. It was a moment I will never forget. My three year old knows why Jesus died on the cross and who put him there and what happened and why he did it! I told him that that's why we have Easter, because that's the day that Jesus rose from the dead. He said "He's Alive!" But then in the same breath he asked when the Easter Bunny was coming to give him candy. Man I love this kid!

No comments: