Saturday, March 22, 2008

Lessons learned

This is the first year I have dyed Easter eggs with Kyler and boy did I learn some valuable lessons. Two years ago, he did it with my mom (I think) and last year we did it at a friend's house with 5 boys and 1 girl (all 2 or almost 2). That was chaos. Anyway, here are a few valuable lessons I learned this year.

1. It is always best to boil more eggs than you actually want to decorate because they will get dropped and cracked (you would think this is common sense with a 3 year old)
2. Even though the package says that you can use vinegar, lemon juice, or water to disolve the tablets, go with vinegar. The others take too long to disolve and way too long to color the eggs.
3. This is a great way to teach a child to be gentle and what patience really is.
4. Have everything set up and ready to go before your child is actually ready to start. If not, this leads into one of many discussions about patience.
5. Dying eggs with a 3 year old is not the best idea for a control freak with a mild, self-diagnosed case of OCD!

Any lessons you learned this year or any you could let me know before this time next year when I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old at the table?
Pictures coming soon...

No comments: