Friday, June 27, 2008

This morning

I had an interview this morning at BMS for the music job. I know the principal. I knew one of the band directors there to sit in. I knew the former music teacher fairly well. I have 3 1/2 years experience in middle school. Why am I so nervous? I keep running the interview through my head and thinking of better ways I could have answered the questions. He asked me if I had any questions. You're always supposed to have one question to ask. I couldn't think of anything. He asked why I wanted to come back to teaching. I said that I miss it. I do. Should I have said because I need the job? Will he think that I just want to come back and I don't actually need it? He asked why this school. I rambled something about liking the community and this area. Should I have said because I love middle school? I do. Does he know that? They had 10 other interviews today for the same position. Who are they? How did their interviews go? Are there really that many potential music teachers in this area? Do they have experience? tenure? Do they love middle school as much as I do or are they just looking for something, anything? The waiting is killing me.

No comments: