Sunday, June 1, 2008

I'm claiming this song

This is a song we sang last week in the Modern Worship service and then sang it again this week. All I could think of while singing was how many different situations this song applies to. Not only our city, but all places and families all over the world. I thought of Cazale, Haiti and all I've been reading this week about Real Hope for Haiti from Aaron and Jamie...I thought of the city of Smyrna and all God is doing through our church...I thought of Sao Paulo, Brazil and Pete and Jodi...I thought of wherever God will be sending our family for missions...and I thought of all the people who have lost children so tragically in the last few months like this family and her sister-in-law and this family. We never fully understand God's plan (and it's okay to tell Him you don't get it) and why he allows such tragic things to happen to His children, but we take refuge in knowing that He does have a plan and it's okay. He will bring glory to His name despite the circumstances.

God of this City (Chris Tomlin)

You're the God of this city.
You're the King of these people.
You're the Lord of this nation.
You are.
You're the light in this darkness.
You're the hope to the hopeless.
You're the peace to the restless.
You are.

There is no one like our God.
There is no one like our God.

For greater things have yet to come
and greater things are still to be done in this city.
For greater things have yet to come
and greater things are to be done here.

No comments: