Thursday, February 21, 2008

verse for the day

Okay, it's yesterday's verse, but I didn't think it really related to anything yesterday until I read it again this morning. I was asked a question last night and I gave an honest, tranparent answer in an effort to be completely open. I didn't think I was ruffling any feathers, but I think I did, and to that person, I am truly sorry. My honest answer was based on a fear I have in myself about stepping out of my comfort zone and becoming vulnerable to major change in my life. You can ask anyone in my family, I don't handle major change very well at all. So for God to ask me to step out in faith and out of my comfort zone is a very hard pill for me to swallow. Anyway...here is the verse that, this morning, made complete sense:


Isn't everything you have and everything you are sheer gifts from God?...You already have all you need. 1 Corinthians 4:7-8 (MSG)


Okay, God. You have made me who I am to serve you. You will equip me to do your work.

No comments: