Thursday, May 22, 2008

praying for the Chapmans

Ever since we were told last night during choir rehearsal at church about this tragedy, it has been on my mind. I hurt for Steven and Mary Beth and their entire family. I cannot comprehend what it must feel like to lose a child, especially one that was brought into your family to save her from a life of uncertainty in China. One thing that continues to cross my mind is this...yes, they lost a daughter, but they lost a son, too. Their son must deal with this tragedy on a level that so few people understand. He is only a teenager, but now is going through more than any adult will in their lifetime...and he has a lifetime still ahead to live with it. They now must grieve the loss of one child while helping another cope with severe guilt.
It is good to know that, in the midst of such heartache and pain, God has us in His arms. We cannot even begin to understand why such things happen, but I KNOW that this family will bring glory to His name. They know and understand that He is in control of our comings and goings, our beginnings and our ends...no matter how young we are. To steal lines from another artist...
And I'll praise you in this storm and I will lift my hands
For you are who you are no matter where I am
And every tear I've cried you hold in your hand
You never left my side and though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm

No comments: