Friday, August 8, 2008

Peace or apathy

Something I have been wondering about lately...do I just have a supernatural peace about certain situations, or am I just cold-hearted and apathetic?
Things have been absolutely crazy this summer. Things that I would normally stress over and worry about and mull over in my mind over and over until I came up with some sort of solution. I, however, am not doing that. I seem to have the attitude that it will all work out in God's timing. I'm not stressed, I'm not worried. Just like that...what will happen will happen. Is that peace? I feel like I should be more worried or stressed, but I'm not. Is that apathy? I'm afraid that's what it looks like to some people (including my husband).
I have a teaching degree and 3 1/2 years experience...I'm working at Wal-mart. I'm okay with that. I truly feel that's where God had put me for now. I will apply for an interim job that is coming up at an elementary school. Not sure if God want's me there or not. If I don't get it...husband will be upset, MIL will be upset, I won't be upset. I'm at peace knowing that God will put me where I'm supposed to be in HIS timing...or am I using Him as an excuse to stay in my nice comfortable box?

No comments: