Monday, August 27, 2007

God is great

I am amazed. God is so awesome and does provide for our needs when they are truly needs. Sometimes we think we know what our needs are and wonder why he hasn’t provided for them, but He has the ultimate understanding. I have a bad habit of getting in the habit of church. I can talk the talk (part of growing up in it, I guess) and really do have an awesome worship experience through music almost every Sunday. Unfortunately, that is where is ends a lot of the time. In the hustle and bustle of everyday life with two kids, I never have a quiet time with God. My daily prayer consists of thinking thoughts to God but never voicing them out loud and I very rarely share my faith (mainly because the people that I talk to on a consistent basis are all Christians). I am NOT a model Christian. Not even close.
Over the last few weeks we have been through a lot. Somehow God decided that our family needed to be blessed even in our severe shortcomings. I will not go into details, but needless to say, I have been touched. God has proven that he does hear my thoughts throughout the day and answers those “prayers.” I will try to rely on Him more and more, but for a control freak like me, that’s very hard!

No comments: