Friday, August 17, 2007

When it rains, it pours!

Still no good air conditioning. We think it is the freon, but our landlord says he can't afford to have someone come out and look at it. That right there ticks me off. So we're late on our rent, but that isn't endangering the health of anyone. Bad air conditioning is not good for any of us in this 100 plus degree heat, especially the two kids! I'm also discovering that when both my husband and I get overheated, we turn into very angry people. Lots of yelling has been going on in our house lately.
The air has been just the tip of the iceberg lately. So far this month: I officially resigned as a teacher the middle of July, my husband's company went under, he lost three deals he was working on and the money that went with, our air went out, and on Wednesday our car died. Oh, yeah, and my husband turns 30 tomorrow. He thinks that it's the end of the world. We have had a really rough month and are just about worn out. The good news is that R starts a new job with Fifth Third Bank on Monday as a loan officer. Working at a bank will be much more stable and hopefully less stressful. We'll see.
Here's my question to you. When a man is extremely stressed out and takes it out on everyone else, how do you deal? Do you just bite your tongue and ride it out knowing that it will pass? Do you force him to talk about it? I'm really struggling with this. I want him to know that we love him and we don't blame him for what has happened this last month, but I am tired of taking the brunt of his anger at himself. So far, my plan has been to bite my tongue, make him comfortable, and hope this passes, quickly. Any advice??

No comments: