Tuesday, August 7, 2007

High School Memories

I was reading one of my friend’s blogs and she had these questions that she had answered. I thought it would be a good post (teachers steal everything!) especially since my 10 year reunion is at the end of the month.
1. Who was your best friend?
Honestly, looking back, I don’t think I really had a “best” friend. I had several girls that I talked to and hung out with, but haven’t kept in touch with any of them since. I also tended to change friends every year (I know, that is sooooo middle school).
2. Did you play any sports?
No, not the athletic type
3. What kind of car did you drive?
My parent’s Altima until my senior year when they bought me a 1989 Nissan Stanza
4. It’s Friday night. Where were you?
At the football game. We played through the first weekend of December except for my senior year and I was at almost every game.
5. Were you a party animal?
no
6. Were you considered a flirt?
Pretty sure I was not
7. Were you in the band, orchestra, or choir?
Band (hence the answer to #4) and choir
8. Were you a nerd?
I don’t think so, but other people tell me otherwise
9. Were you ever suspended or expelled?
nope
10. Can you sing the fight song?
Yes (I guess that makes me a nerd now, huh?)
11. Who was your favorite teacher?
Mr. Bryan my choir director (okay, I’m a nerd). He inspired me to become a choir director myself and was just an all around great teacher. He was hard on us, but we always knew he cared.
12. What was your school mascot?
The Warrior
13. Did you go to the prom?
Yes, three times
14. If you could go back, would you?
No, definitely not.
15. What do you remember most about graduation?
Being jealous of all the party types who were going out late and celebrating. Wishing I was one of those types of people with those types of parents.
16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day?
We didn’t have an official Senior Skip Day but the day of prom was usually designated. I spent it getting my hair and nails done.
17. Did you have a job your senior year?
No, I was in band, we didn’t have time to work
18. Where did you go most often for lunch?
The band room. We weren’t allowed to leave campus, but all us band nerd types ate in the bandroom since band was right before lunch.
19. Have you gained weight since then?
Yes, about 45 pounds.
20. What did you do after graduation?
Got a summer job, went to band camp and started college. Oh, yeah, I did get to go to Gulf Shores with my boyfriend, his parents, brother, brother’s friend, grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousin. What a senior trip!
21. What year did you graduate?
1997
22. Who was your Senior Prom date?
My boyfriend, Nathan Harding
23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion?
I am going to the family party. I don’t think I’ll get to go to the fancy part although I’d love to introduce my husband to everyone without kids to worry about.
24. What is your biggest regret in high school?
Not having enough confidence in myself. I was a pushover and adapted to whatever people wanted me to be whether good or bad. I didn’t know who I was in Christ and I think that would have made a huge difference in my experiences in high school.


Hope you enjoyed my walk down memory lane. Now, take your own trip and let me know where it takes you!

No comments: