Friday, October 12, 2007

random things

I love fall! It's so wonderful to wake up to a cold house (I know, I'm weird) and make a nice hot cup of coffee to drink. Even though I was up at 5:00 this morning, I still had a small window of time to drink my coffee and curl up on the couch to watch the news before the chaos began. What's even better is that it's sunny outside which always makes me feel better. Fall is the best time of the year!

I have declared today PJ day. Kyler and I are still in our jammies and plan to stay that way most of the day. Anyone who can join me in this is more than welcome. Send me a comment and tell me what you do on your lazy Fridays.

Why is it that with the second child you let everything slide? I am still pulling my hair out because Aaliyah has yet to be on a good solid schedule. Maybe it's because I was the one home this time (Ray worked from home with Kyler) or maybe it's because there was no rush or major need to have her on a schedule early on because I was not going back to work. Ray just thinks that she is on her own schedule and changes it whenver she wants to. I call it the "I'm a princess and you know it so cater to my every whim" schedule. I'm about ready to put my foot down and let Ray know that his little princess is about to be de-throned. She will be okay if she cries for more than 5 minutes and she will learn that I'm the mother and the original queen of this castle! Sounds harsh for a 7 month old, but she's already thrown more tantrums than I can count in her short 7 months. It's time for that to stop.

My son is awsome! As I was leaving last night to help a friend with her Pampered Chef show Kyler stopped me. He yelled at me when I closed the door so I opened it again and he looked me dead in the eye and said, "don't hit anybody and be careful and don't let anyone hit you." That's not a word for word quote, but as best I can remember that's what he said. I love him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sometimes kids have the best advice. Go ahead and put your foot down with your princess, just do it gently.

And I would love to join with you in PJ day, but they would kind of frown on that in the office. Besides, I can't really wear what I sleep in in public.