Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday to Me

Thanksgiving is a time of food, fellowship, football, and reflection. I always look forward to this time of year for several reasons; the "official" kickoff to the holiday season, lots of food, great football games, and, most importantly, my birthday (on Saturday)! Okay, so my birthday is not the most important thing about Thanksgiving, but it always lands in the same week, so my mind is always there. So...in honor of my 29th birthday here are 29 things I am thankful for (in no particular order past number 3):

1. My Lord and Savior for giving his life so that I can live life abundantly and worship him for all of eternity.
2. My husband for loving me despite all my faults.
3. My children for allowing me to love them.
4. my parents and in-laws that live close enough to provide wonderful advice and free babysitting!
5. puddle hopping with my son after the rain
6. 3 1/2 years of teaching with the best faculty at the best middle school in Mid Tenn
7. the freedom to worship my God without persecution
8. my son's voice when he says "Hi, mommy. I missed you sooo much!"
9. the way my daughter smells after her bath
10. the way the leaves change colors in the fall
11. flip-flops
12. jeans with stretch
13. my husband's strong arms around me when I'm having a meltdown
14. the ability to stay home with my kids and still run my own business
15. my friends' ability to know when something is wrong despite what I tell them
16. Sister Schubert's rolls
17. my ability to hear music
18. my ability to perform beautiful music and worship my God with my voice
19. my son's curiousity
20. my daughter's laugh...and cry
21. ponytail holders
22. that my husband has the "fun" side covered with the kids so I don't feel so guilty about being the serious one
23. my brother, father, and several cousins who proudly serve our country in the Army National Guard, Air Force, and Navy
24. Pete and Jodi Brennan and their ministry in Brazil. I hope we can join them again soon.
25. my past and the ability to learn from it
26. my husband's honesty and drive to do better
27. the fact that we have clothes, food, a car, and shelter
28. the technology that allows me to stay in touch with friends all over the world and share my thoughts with you
29. CHOCOLATE!

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. Take the time to really think about what you're thankful for beyond friends and family.

Gobble, Gobble!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.