Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I was on MySpace...

and I was filling out one of those "get to know you" kind of things that you always get. It was 50 random questions and one of them really caught me off guard. The question was, "What one thing do you hate about yourself." Now, there isn't anything that I really hate. I usually answer these questions with various parts of my body (ie. fat rolls, double chin, bad eyesight, etc.), but this time I didn't. I don't know what came over me, but my answer was my inability to keep my mouth shut. I don't think of myself as a big mouth (although my husband does) and I don't think of myself as one to be rude. But then, a couple of months ago, I thought, "am I the one everyone wants to shut up but they're too nice to tell me?" There are a few people who have crossed my path and they were that one. I just wanted to look at them and say "can you really just keep your mouth shut?" They weren't talking excessively, but they were just rambling about nothing and talking about themselves WAY too much. Am I that person? I know I talk a lot, but am I that EGR (extra grace required) in every group? My mission this holiday season (since I'll be around many people I don't know) is to smile and keep my mouth shut. We'll see how that goes!

No comments: