Monday, November 5, 2007

Kyler turns "free" (3)

Okay, first I feel I should explain all previous statements in this blog regarding "Kyler the Edward King." When you ask Kyler what his full name is, he always states very proudly "Kyler the Edward King." I try to correct him, but it's just too cute. We now call him Kyler the Edward King, King of all the Edwards. I'm sure my brother and father (for who he is named Edward) would agree whole-heartedly. ANYWAY. We celebrated his 3rd birthday at Chuck E. Cheese on Friday night. "Why in the world would you take a bunch of 3 year olds to Chuck E. Cheese" you ask? Because my husband is a big kid and has been begging to have his party there since he was 18 months old. I said that he could have his party there when he was old enough to ask for it, not thinking in a million years that a 2 1/2 year old would have the vocabulary of a 5 year old! So we ended up at Chuck E. Cheese. It was nice to not have to clean the house for guests and worry about making food and a cake and then cleaning up afterward. It was still crazy, though, and I spent most of the time behind the camera instead of with my son (or my daughter for that matter. thanks, MIL and mom!). When it was all said and done we were exhausted, but Kyler was thrilled. Pardon the blurriness of some of the pictures, when you put four 3 year olds, one 2 year old, and four under two with Chuck E. Cheese, there is not a whole lot of holding still for pictures!


Kyler posing with his golf bag and 3 wood from daddy. He already has a 9 iron and a putter.


The table set-up for the kids.





Grace B. with my MIL.


my "nephew" Nathan and his daddy Daren


Katie with Aiden W.


Zoe chewing on her nails.


The "loot" that kept Kyler up until 10:00 that night!


Zoe dancing with Chuck E. Cheese.


Kids with Chuck E. Notice Tyler has his hand over his eyes. Apparently, that is a new greeting in Tylerworld!


After all the hype, Kyler would rather eat a 3rd piece of pizza than go dance with Chuck E.


We finally got him to get up and give Chuck E. a hug.


Aaron and Jen - "Ahhh, this is why we don't come here!"


The Johnsons (Jason, Daphne, Jackson, and Savannah) - "we do this all the time"


The boys and Zoe.


This is the one that got me choked up. I think I realized that my little boy is already 3.


Grace getting some pizza (crust).


Aaliyah with Grandma. She was done and ready to go home.

There are way more pictures, but I think that's enough. I'm sure I'll have something new to talk about in the next week. Life with a 3 year old will be interesting.

No comments: