Thursday, January 17, 2008

What was Jesus like at 3?

As I was sitting in choir last night at church recapping my pitiful, lousy, horrible, no good, very bad day to my mom and another friend, the thought occurred to me...what was Jesus like when he was 3? This is a question I usually ponder around Kyler's birthday because he was only 6 weeks old at Christmas and that year I remember thinking a lot about Mary and what she went through. Aside from the fact that she had just given birth to the Savior of the world and that she was a virgin when she conceived, what was it like for her? Like all of us parents, she was a "newbie" at this mom thing. She had given birth in a barn (basically) with no epidural and no doctors that we know of. How long was she in labor? How long did she have to push? Did Jesus nurse well? Was he a happy baby or did he cry a lot? etc, etc, etc. These are a few of the thoughts that went through my mind that year. So every year around my son's birthday I think about Mary and what she might have been dealing with at this age. For some reason the thoughts came back last night even though Kyler's birthday was in November. What was Jesus like at 3 years old? Did he drive his mother nuts? How many times did he ask "why" every day? Did he ask "why" at all? Was he so curious that he took things apart? Did he always listen the first time she told him to do something or does that fall under the sin catagory? I think I'll change the "people I would like to meet" section on my MySpace to say "Mary the mother of Jesus...I have a lot of questions for her."

No comments: